July 28, 2020: With the announcement that Markham will be entering into Phase 2-Stage 3 of reopening we wanted to post an update. We are still unable to offer hands on instruction as under the current guidelines physical distancing is still in effect. As such we have decided to hold off on providing any lessons for our beginner swimmers until next summer. We are sad to make the decision but safety comes first! We are thrilled to be able to offer lessons to more advanced swimmers and lessons have been going really well with the safety guidelines in place. Currently all of our time slots are full for August. If you would like to be waitlisted you are welcome to email. If you have signed up a beginner swimmer for session 6 or 7 your refund will be sent out on the first day of the session.
In order to be within compliance with physical distancing guidelines we are, unfortunately, not yet able to host our littlest/newest swimmers. We are able to run classes for Swimmer 3-6, Rookie, Ranger and Star Patrol, fitness swimmers who can demonstrate swimmer 3+ skills and private parent and tot.
Under Phase 2- Stage 3 of Ontario’s re-opening plan we are able to open our swim school if we can adhere to the following guidelines:
- Reduce resting areas and pool capacity
- Limit and distance pool side seating
- Scheduled classes only
- Must be in line with physical distancing measures. For example, only other household members can assist swimmers with physical contact
- Students must be prescreened before the start of the session
- Students must report any signs/symptoms/probable or confirmed case of COVID19 as soon as possible up to 14 days after the end of their swim session
- Waiver must be signed (on pre-screening questionnaire)
- Classes must consist of household members/family pod only
- Students will receive an email outlining our safety measures
- We will be opening slowly to accommodate the above guidelines.
- We will only have one instructor for June and July, 2 for August
- We will be booking 1 family unit per time slot, this may mean that group classes will not be available to you as they usually are
- Initially we will only be taking swimmers in Swimmer 3-6, Rookie, Ranger and Star Patrol, fitness swimmers who can demonstrate swimmer 3+ skills and private parent and tot so that proper physical distancing can be maintained.
- Only one person can attend with the student and must stay in the assigned waiting area. Parents of older children are welcome and encouraged to drop them off and pick up after
- Play equipment in the yard is strictly off limits
- Washroom facilities are not available, arrive in your suit and leave in your suit, go to the bathroom before you arrive
- Equipment and seating will be sanitized between uses in compliance with Public Health Guidelines
- Goggles will not be available to borrow
- Rescheduling is necessary to accommodate the guidelines
- Price changes may occur
- Refunds will be available for anyone who is not comfortable swimming this year or who we are unable to take due to physical distancing guidelines
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Phase 2 Instructions for reopening Ontario https://www.ontario.ca/page/framework-reopening-our-province-stage-2