March 2021: Registration for the 2021 season will be opening slightly later than usual due to the constantly shifting COVID-19 guidelines. As of now we are planning on running lessons for all levels with appropriate safety protocols in place. This, of course, depends on what the province allows closer to the start of the season. We will be maintaining a lower capacity this summer, similar to last year. The guidelines listed below are from last summer and I expect this summer will be fairly close. Details will be posted as they develop!
As of now, it looks like we will be following similar guidelines to last year. We are hoping to be able to offer lessons to all ages and appreciate your understanding and patience as we adjust to the ever changing provincial guidelines. Under Ontario’s re-opening plan we are planning to be able to open our swim school with the following guidelines in place:
- Reduce resting areas and pool capacity
- Limit and distance pool side seating
- Scheduled classes only
- Must be in line with physical distancing measures. For example, only other household members can assist swimmers with physical contact
- Students must be prescreened before the start of the session
- Students must report any signs/symptoms/probable or confirmed case of COVID19 as soon as possible up to 14 days after the end of their swim session
- Waiver must be signed (on pre-screening questionnaire)
- Classes must consist of household members/family pod only
- Students will receive an email outlining our safety measures
- We will be opening slowly to accommodate the above guidelines.
- We will only have one instructor for June and July, 2 for August
- We will be booking 1 family unit per time slot, this may mean that group classes will not be available to you as they usually are
- Initially we will only be taking swimmers in Swimmer 3-6, Rookie, Ranger and Star Patrol, fitness swimmers who can demonstrate swimmer 3+ skills and private parent and tot so that proper physical distancing can be maintained.
- Only one person can attend with the student and must stay in the assigned waiting area. Parents of older children are welcome and encouraged to drop them off and pick up after
- Play equipment in the yard is strictly off limits
- Washroom facilities are not available, arrive in your suit and leave in your suit, go to the bathroom before you arrive
- Equipment and seating will be sanitized between uses in compliance with Public Health Guidelines
- Goggles will not be available to borrow
- Rescheduling may be necessary to accommodate the guidelines
- Price changes may occur
- Refunds will be available for anyone who is not comfortable swimming this year or who we are unable to take due to physical distancing guidelines
Please email email@example.com for more information.