June 7 2021: With the latest government reopening update we will be able to open for the session when Ontario moves to Step 1 of the provincial reopening plan on June 11. Session 2 will run as scheduled. We are happy to announce that we will be able to offer lessons to all swim levels. Please note we will be operating at a lower capacity than in previous years and will still be maintaining all current safety standards. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these constantly changing times!
Under Ontario’s re-opening plan we are planning to be able to open our swim school with the following guidelines in place:
- Reduce resting areas and pool capacity
- Limit and distance pool side seating
- Scheduled classes only
- Must be in line with physical distancing measures. For example, only other household members can assist swimmers with physical contact
- Students must be prescreened before the start of the session
- Students must report any signs/symptoms/probable or confirmed case of COVID19 as soon as possible up to 14 days after the end of their swim session
- Waiver must be signed (on pre-screening questionnaire)
- Classes must consist of household members/family pod only
- Students will receive an email outlining our safety measures
- We will be opening slowly to accommodate the above guidelines.
- We will only have one instructor for June, 2 for July and August
- We will be booking 1 family unit per time slot, this may mean that group classes will not be available to you as they usually are
- We are able to accommodate swimmers of all levels
- Only one person can attend with the student and must stay in the assigned waiting area. Parents of older children are welcome and encouraged to drop them off and pick up after
- Play equipment in the yard is strictly off limits
- Washroom facilities are not available, arrive in your suit and leave in your suit, go to the bathroom before you arrive
- Equipment and seating will be sanitized between uses in compliance with Public Health Guidelines
- Goggles will not be available to borrow
- Rescheduling may be necessary to accommodate the guidelines
- Price changes may occur
- Refunds will be available for anyone who is not comfortable swimming this year or who we are unable to take due to physical distancing guidelines
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.